On May 15, 2014 PhoneGap Build will be switching to a new authentication scheme for its users. It's based on OAuth, which is much more secure that what they are using now.
There will be a new build of AppStudio 4 with the necessary support in time for this.
For people using the default PhoneGap Build account which is built into AppStudio, there will be no change. Just install the new AppStudio build and continue working as before.
If you have your own PhoneGap account, you will need to log into it and get your authentication code. Enter that code into AppStudio and you'll be all set. (You need your own PhoneGap Build account to create apps which can be submitted to app stores.)
How to set up PhoneGap Authorization
- Sign into your PhoneGap Build account.
- Click on the head icon on top line and choose "Edit Account"
- Choose the Client Applications tab
- Under Authentication Tokens, click on the Reset button
- Copy the Authentication Token
- Go into AppStudio Preferences
- Paste the Authentication Token into Auth Token in the PhoneGap section.