Volt Storage Sample
Jump to navigation Jump to search
AppStudio includes a sample demonstrating how Volt Storage can be used. Here's a step by step guide for running the sample.
- Load Volt Storage sample.
- Set Volt AppId to blank and Dashboard Access to false.
- Deploy to Volt.
- Run it. Before you sign in, you need to set up a user. We'll do this in a later step.
- Load the Volt Users sample and deploy to Volt.
- Under AppID, enter the AppID from the Dashboard. (like pYCvbX)
- Enter an Email, Password and Confirm Password, then Add User.
- Go back to the Dashboard. Under Action, chose Users.
- You should see the user you created there.
- Choose 'Storage' for the user. A blank screen will appear "No data to display".
- Go back to Storage.
- Sign in as the new user you created.
- GetAllItems works for both serverStorage and appStorage.
- You can use all the serverStorage buttons: they are your data.
- In appStorage, you can only get data - you can't change it.
- Use serverStorage setItem to set some initial values for your user.
- From AppStudio, choose Manage your Volt App. This brings up the Dashboard.
- In the Actions section, choose Storage.
- You can see the entries in AppStorage.