The version is not yet released - it is in bata.
Major New Features
- Bootstrap 5 support added
- VoltBuilder integration improved.
- Online Wiki - server reconfigured for faster response
If you have AppStudio 8 or older and don't have a subscription, you will need to get the upgrade to use these new features. You can order it here.
If you like would to try it first, download from the 'Check for Updates' screen in the Help menu. You'll get a demo copy.
Here's a list of what is new.
If you own a previous version of AppStudio and do not have a subscription, you need to buy the upgrade to use Version 9. You can do this from within the app or from our order form.
Until you have bought the upgrade, you can use AppStudio 9 in Demo mode for up to 30 days. Once you buy, your copy will convert automatically to the full version.
- AppStudio icon updated to a modern squared circle.
- Registration and validation now uses new backend stem.
- Code formatting updated to use Prettier instead of jsBeautifier
- Format Code is now in sync with Check Syntax.
- Format Code now uses the latest JS best practices.
- Changed indent preference takes effect immediately.
- Using the Functions window to navigate code has been improved.
- eslintRules can be used to fine tune syntax checking.
- Stability of dragging controls improved.
- Avoid adding control to container it already is in.
- Fix underlining and reporting of syntax errors in code.
- Change delays in startup to improve import of SQLite databases.
- Cordova: remove option from Run menu.
- VoltBuilder: Rename "VoltBuilder and Cordova" to "Cordova"
- VoltBuilder: Remove "Cordova command" property.
- VoltBuilder: Add "Release" and "Platform" properties.
- VoltBuilder: properties renamed to be consistent with VoltBuilder docs.
- VoltBuilder: Use utf-8 encoding to handle extended characters in Arabic, Hebrew, etc.
- VoltBuilder: Improve handling of special characters in "description" property.
- VoltBuilder: Update "config.xml" property template for latest requirements.
- VoltBuilder Status: Work gracefully if job not submitted yet.
- Electron: updated to latest version
- Updated to latest version.
- PhoneGap dropped - no longer in business.
Bootstrap 5 has been released. The developers continue to support Bootstrap 4 as well: both are supported by AppStudio.
Bootstrap 3 is no longer supported. We recommend [[Converting_jQuery_Mobile_to_Bootstrap_4|converting to Bootstrap 4] or Bootstrap 5.
jQuery Mobile is no longer supported. While the controls still work, for the most part, they throw error messages in Chrome for using insecure libraries. We recommend converting to Bootstrap 4 or Bootstrap 5.
- Complete new framework. Read about Bootstrap 5.
- Select: name and required properties are now implemented.
- New themes: morph, quartz, vapor, yeti and zephyr.
- Forms: iScroll no longer used - use native scrolling instead.
- QRCode: setValue added to autocomplete in Code Window
jQuery Mobile (Obsolete)
- Now marked as Obsolete in the Toolbox and Samples.
- BootStrap 5 samples added.
- jQuery updated to 3.7
- Python updated to 3.8.10.
- Many, many internal libraries updated.
- PDFMake updated to fix unsafe-eval issue.
- Calling Cordova to build your project locally is no longer supported. Use VoltBuilder instead - it's much easier and is mult-platform. (If you need to build locally, you can use the files in the VoltBuilder folder which is created on a deploy to VoltBuilder)
Changes in Beta 2
- BS5 Select: enable header and footer properties.
- BS5 Select: fix problem with default value for items.
- BS5: Update to 5.3.
- Deploy: fix error on Windows local deploy when using Hebrew.
- Electron: isElectron set earlier in startup - fixes possible runtime error.
- PWA: Improve description on PWA Manifest property.
- Samples: Add missing descriptions to some samples.
- Samples: Fix JS Northwind sample.
- Samples: HeaderBodyFooter: Add comment to app describing what it is for.
- Samples: Splitview: Add comment to app describing what it is for.
- Windows icon updated to new artwork
- Windows installer now shows 188.8.131.52
Changes in Beta 3
- BS4: Toast - Add z-index property
- BS5: Checkbox - enable header and footer properties.
- BS5: Input controls - fix link to Wiki
- BS5: Toast - Add z-index property
- Design Screen: Add warning for mixed frameworks (like BS4 and BS5 in same project)
- Docs: Update ReadMe
- Samples: PictureBox - fix image not showing
- Samples: StudentsLocalStorage - Add a message if record not found
- Toolbox: Give BS5 controls a different icon color.
- Windows Installer: use new icon
Changes in Beta 4
- Language files updated
- BS5: Error in Textarea sample fixed.
- ReadMe: Version number in heading fixed.