Lab Session: Device features
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In this lab session, you will add features to your app that allow you to take a picture, record your feelings on the weather with emoji, and respond to device rotation.
- Open LabFeatures.nsx
- Add the Orientation control
- Put your application in portrait mode and verify that it displays an error when rotated to landscape.
- Add code to frmPhoto that allows the user to take a photo and display it. You'll have to add the appropriate TextBox and PictureBox.
- Replace the default values of selEmoji with a few Emoji characters so the user can select how they feel about the photo. Emoticons work best.
- Modify the click event for btnLoad on frmMain so the TextBox, PictureBox and selEmoji are reset on click.
- In later labs, we'll be recording current weather data. Modify the form you just created to make it clear it's for recording your impressions of the weather data. Add a TextArea so users can record textual thoughts as well. Make sure it's cleared when the weather is retrieved.
- A Select control is only good for a few items. Create a new form that's specifically for choosing between 20-30 Emoji characters and replace the Select with it.
- Add an upload button, and allow the photo to be uploaded to a server. Refer to the upload sample for details.